Saturday, February 28, 2015

Delayed Response

I find myself relaxing on the couch under my fleece blanket with a mug of hot chocolate, spiked with brandy and topped with marshmallows, watching Julie and Julia and wishing I were better at this blogging thing. I seem to have a lack of direction. Unlike Julie in Julie and Julia, which is a must see if you haven't yet, I do not have a specific purpose or theme to my writing. My previous blog was easy... I set it up while I was studying abroad to both share what I was up to and keep up with family and friends at home, so they didn't feel so far away and could get a peak into life overseas. It was so much fun to share the adventures of a four month semester in Switzerland and a truly once in a life time experience to share. What stands out in that phrase is "once in a life time"... what does one do on the everyday basis that is interesting enough to share? Life is certainly not boring, not lacking in adventure, it always keeps you on your toes, but I suppose our routines lack inspiration. If I am to try to blog more often, I suppose I should start with the everyday moments that leave an impact on me, no matter how tiny... it is the little things that matter after all...
For Valentine's Day I bought my husband a book/journal called "Q & A". It is a 3 year journal for two. Each day has a question or idea each person has to respond to each year for three years. We have obviously only just started, but I'm loving it so far. It is yet another way for us to connect each day whether the question is silly (like who blinked first in a staring contest) or very serious (like do you need to be comforted and how?). It is a way to ensure that every day, even when we hardly get to see each other, we are reflecting on our relationship as husband and wife and what makes us tick, what makes us connect and what makes us love each other so much. I can only imagine what it will look like in 3 years... I can only imagine what we will be up to in 3 years!!! I can only hope that each little sentence we add, no matter how silly or serious, brings a little inspiration to us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment